Let’s get right down to the work! Here are the best startup stories you missed last month.
1. On building a revenue first startup when it is hard to raise venture money: Here Is How pbazaar.com Became A Revenue First Company
2. Spark Bangladesh, the local wing of impact accelerator program Spark International has announced its 2nd cohort of social startups for its accelerator program in Dhaka. Read more: Here Is The Latest Batch Of Spark Bangladesh Startups
3. A new startup promises to sell used tech devices with warranty. Device Mama offers 3 months to 1-year warranty on tech devices ranging from mobile phones to laptops. Read more: Finally An Online Platform To Buy Used Devices With Warranty In Dhaka
4. Telecom operators are increasingly getting into digital products and services business in Dhaka. Grameenphone, the largest of all, has been very open about its ambition to become a digital service provider in the country. After its much-talked ecommerce initiative GP Shop, the company quietly launched a video streaming service called Bioscope. Read more: GP Quietly Launched Video Streaming Service Bioscope
5. Demand for fresh and organic food is on the rise in Dhaka. Direct Fresh, an aggrotech startup that produces and supplies fresh vegetables and groceries through its online platform to households and institutions, is doubling down its investment in farming. The startup just raised a new undisclosed round from a handful of investors. Read more: Direct Fresh Raises New Investment, Plans Big