Future Startup Internship Program is a 6-month paid program offering high-quality learning and career opportunities for ambitious individuals to gather paid work experience in business/technology writing, community management, and core business functions working directly with Future Startup founders. The program offers a direct route to a permanent position subject to the satisfactory completion of the internship. We’re currently looking for enthusiastic, talented, and hardworking interns for multiple positions.
As an intern, you'll be writing about and working with entrepreneurs and companies across the technology industry and startup scene in Bangladesh. This is an excellent introductory opportunity for someone interested in a career in business/tech writing, tech, and startups. We are a small team, so your contribution will be both valued and necessary.
We are remote-friendly and provide a hybrid working opportunity where you can work remotely from home and also work out of our office in Mohammadpur.
We’re on a mission to create economic opportunities for more people by enabling entrepreneurship and innovation by building the leading platform to learn about entrepreneurship and the technology industry in Bangladesh. Join us to transform Bangladesh through entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Please take your time, carefully read this job description, and learn about Future Startup and our work before applying. If you pay attention, simply filling out the form properly will significantly increase your chance of getting to the next round.
- We recognize imposter syndrome is real. If you think you don’t perfectly fit every characteristic of this role, you are still strongly encouraged to apply. We provide significant on-the-job training and support.
We’re hiring interns for multiple business writing and community management positions. See the roles and other details below.
Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate/Graduate students from any discipline/subject can apply.
- Passionate about writing, business, and technology industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in English and Bangla.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Prior writing experience in English is helpful but not necessary.
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Ability to work efficiently to meet tight deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to learn new skills, procedures, and systems quickly without being afraid to ask questions
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Docs and graphic design tools, WordPress is a plus.
- A strong sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize and manage a complex workload.
- Self-driven and ambitious, able to generate ideas, original stories, and insights
- Committed to working hard and learning in a fast-paced, unstructured, and ambiguous startup environment with minimum oversight
- Self-reflective and conscientious approach with good attention to detail
- Literacy in graphics design, digital marketing, and audio and video editing is a plus!
And you are also:
Open Role 01: Business Writing Intern
- Write/research articles on startups, entrepreneurship, and the technology scene in Bangladesh
- Transcribe interviews
- Research relevant business and tech topics, and prepare research reports
- Research interview candidates and companies and prepare reports
- Conduct partner interviews for branded content marketing projects
- Support developing weekly and monthly content plans
- Support a wide range of writing and content marketing projects
- Interview entrepreneurs, startup founders, and business and tech leaders in Dhaka
Role 02: Community Management Intern
- Manage Future Startup Meetup and community event initiatives
- Support managing offline/online workshop and learning session initiatives
- Research and execute new partnerships with stakeholders, brands, and individuals
- Manage the FS readers community through social media
- Coordinate strategic partnership initiatives
- Support business development efforts
- Support marketing and communication efforts
- Write and design email newsletters
- Support digital marketing efforts
- Monitor KPIs and results
Important bits and benefits
This Internship Program is an excellent opportunity for highly-motivated individuals to start their career in a fast-growing, highly-impactful organization. The benefits package includes:
- Position Title: Internship
- Open positions: 03
- Duration: 06 months
- Job Nature: Part-time and Paid [6 hours/day, 6 days/week]
- A token remuneration of BDT 5000 - 10,000
- Remote-friendly: Flexible working hours with a hybrid working option. You may work remotely and our office.
- 100% possibility to be converted to a full-time role upon satisfactory completion of the internship
- An opportunity to learn and build lifelong connections with important people in business and tech in Bangladesh
- All interns receive certificates of work experience after the successful completion of the internship.
How to Apply
Please fill out and submit the Google form below. We'll email you if you get selected for the following rounds (short virtual interview, take-home assignments, final interview, etc). The recruited candidate will start working in September/October 2022.
Last Date of Application: 20th September 2022.
You can find a stand-alone version of the below form here.