11 Important Facts To Understand eCommerce Sector In Bangladesh
1) Who Buys Online Most: 25-34 years old population. 61% of total ecommerce customers come from this age bracket.
2) Most Popular Items: Men’s clothing, Fashion Accessories, Watches, Jewelry, Casual Footwear
3) Brand Loyalty: Only 16% of customers are loyal to a particular brand/ecommerce website
4) User Engagement: 57% people spend less than 10 seconds time on an ecommerce website whereas only 4% people spend 1800+ seconds.
5) Desktop Dominates: 71% of visitors come from desktop pc.
6) Cash On Delivery Rules: 95% people prefer cash on deliver whereas only 1% of customers pay via credit card.
7) Internet Users: 40,800,000, Average penetration rate is 25%.
8) Women Don’t Buy Online: Only 17% women buy online whereas it is 83% for male.
9) Operating Systems Used For Ecommerce Browse: Windows 69%, Android 23%, IOS 3%
10) Browsers: Firefox dominates [37%], Chrome follows closely [34%], Opera Mini goes strong [12%]
11) Apple Users Buy Online: iPhone and iPad together are sources for total 11% of sessions.
Latest posts by Ibrahim Mahbub (see all)
- Chaldal’s Logistics Spin-off GO Go Bangla Aims To Be Your Partner In eCommerce - November 28, 2016
- Meghdut Launches Field Operations Management Tool FieldForce - November 25, 2016
- Finally, Robi, Airtel Merger Comes Into Effect. Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The New Merged Entity - November 16, 2016