Event: Opportunities & Challenges of Leather Industry in Bangladesh
Date: Monday, 12th November 2018
Time: 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Venue: EMK Center MIDAS Center (9th floor), House no. 5, Rd No. 27, Dhaka 1209
If you are interested, you can register for a seat here: http://bit.ly/gew2018EMKSB
The leather industry is the second largest export sector of Bangladesh exporting around $1.2 billion worth of leather and leather goods annually. In the global leather market of around $210 billion, our market share is less than 1%.
As, China, the global market leader of leather export, shifting its focus from the leather industry for increasing labor costs, Bangladesh has an immense potential for growth, exports, and employment. With the increasing per capita income in the past decade, the domestic market is also expanding. This new reality offers an incredible opportunity for entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs build consequential companies in the leather sector. This event has been designed to facilitate that goal.
- Participating in this session will give you the opportunity to learn about the prospects and challenges of the leather industry in Bangladesh.
- You will learn about interesting trends in the industry and opportunities for starting new ventures
- You will learn how to start and build successful enterprises in the leather industry from award-winning entrepreneurs
- The session will feature a keynote presentation and a panel discussion with industry leaders and experts.
- We invite you to join us on November 12th at EMK Center for an evening of knowledge-sharing, networking, and inspiration.
Founder, Kushum Kali Shoe Factory
Read Ms. Nazma’s story here
Masuda Yesmin Urmy
Founder, Smart Leather Products
Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) is a celebration of the innovators and job creators who launch startups that bring ideas to life, drive economic growth and expand human welfare. The EMK Center jointly with Startup Bangladesh is organizing various events through a week-long event marathon and engagement with entrepreneurs and innovators from around the country. This is part of the week-long events series organized by The EMK Center jointly with Startup Bangladesh. This event is organized by The EMK Center in collaboration with Future Startup.
For more information on global events, please visit https://genglobal.org/gew