Applications For Spring Accelerator New Cohort Are Open Now
SPRING, a global accelerator funded by DFID, USAID, Nike Foundation and Australian Aid, is accepting applications for its new cohort of the program from mid-sized, growth oriented businesses from Bangladesh that can transform the lives of adolescent girls aged 10-19 to scale and realise commercial potential with support from world-class experts, according to a statement published on its website.
A bit more about Spring Accelerator:
- SPRING is an accelerator working with growth-oriented businesses on innovative products, services and business models that can benefit girls and business results across East Africa and South Asia.
- SPRING offers nine months of world-class technical expertise, including human-centered design boot camps, investment-readiness support, and mentorship.
- This support is delivered via SPRING partners and experts including fuseproject from San Francisco.
Spring also provides a grant funding to select startups
- This is the fourth cohort of the program accepting applications from companies in four South Asian countries including Bangladesh, Myanmar, Nepal, and Pakistan.
- Two companies, Kallyani /iSocial – a spinoff of Dnet that bridges marginalized communities and market through digital innovation and a last-mile delivery network, and DrinkWell, a US-based drinking water solution provider with operations in Bangladesh, have participated from Bangladesh in the previous cohort of the program. However, the program is expecting higher participation from Bangladesh.
At the meet, held on 3rd August in Dhaka, the CEO of SPRING, Ramona Liberoff, said: “There is high market potential to provide improved products and services for girls in Bangladesh. Based on the foundational research we have done there are significant opportunities to increase access to mobile and digital services, safer transport, clean water, better education and more. 2 out of 18 Asian Businesses of the South Asian cohort are from BANGLADESH and we are looking for more to apply for the upcoming cohort.”
How to apply
Formal applications for 4th cohort of the program, which is scheduled in early 2018, will be opened later this year. Interested business can register their interest in the program online now and will be notified about the program in due time.
Image: Spring Press meet in Dhaka, by Spring Accelerator