Now-a-days many a young enthusiastic boys & girls are becoming more interested in social entrepreneurship and you might one of them who want to change the world or at best reconstruct your society through serving surroundings. And actually you can! Just you need proper assumption of your activity and foresightedness. Otherwise, you might start an initiative with full enthusiasm but walking a few days with such initiatives you may have to wrap up your dreams.
Every social entrepreneur needs some skills, capabilities and task to run his/her enterprise in a smooth way. Here you can find some suggestions for startup social entrepreneurship:
01. Hear what your heart says: When you think for any social activity, hear your heart’s voice where it wants to go, by doing what job it can be satisfied. Apparently many a people do many jobs, you may think if I do same jobs I may find a good response from various corner. But, sometimes it doesn’t work. My suggestion is, please try to do something what you can think easily and what seems easy to reach to you.
02. Find solution of existing problems: A lots of problems are inherent in our society. So, always try to solve any existing problem. As a social entrepreneur you should try to find any idea which can dissolve the root cause of the problem.
03. Go to the specific segment: You alone or your group alone can’t check all the problems and also can’t go to every segment where problems rooted. So, you should solve any specific problem going to the specific segment of ‘root-of- the-problem’ as you can easily proceed on this job.
04. Try to implicate the activity with your Career/Profession: You might start any job emotionally but reality will shake you on the mid-track if you can’t go simultaneously with your main job/profession. So, when you start any social enterprise try to implicate your activity with career.
05. Make a day to day planning: When you will get a clear path of action then make a precise planning of your activities. Prepare a planning for at least 3 years. Obviously, make a day to day planning for reaching to your destination.
06. Build an organizational body: A person alone can't do every job. An organizational body bestows responsibility to all people and also energize, empower the engage them. So, initially you can make an organizing body to make decisions or to run projects.
07. Run pilot projects: Initially you can run some pilot projects which can be potential evaluations for your activities. Then, evaluating your pilot project you can go on further projects and activities.
08. Have a strong network of volunteering group: You and your organizational body alone can't do every projects. To run your activity you need to have a devoted volunteering people who will work with you.
09. Search for funds: Social enterprises are lived by funding. You need to go through different corporate or donors to have funding. Some international organizations also provide funds for young entrepreneurs.
10. Try to be self-sufficient and Sustainable: Earlier I have told social enterprises are lived by funding, but most of the times it is seen for the dearth of funding they also die. So, self-sustainability now critically matters for social enterprises. For becoming self-sustainable many social enterprises now running business activity facilitating human’s pressing needs. BRAC and Grameen Bank’s business projects impressively worked for being self sufficient.
well writing but i think you have missed the most important point that is sacrificing mentality of an entrepreneur. i think this is the first tips for an entrepreneur to start a social business.
Thank you Mr. Sakib Shahriar for reading and commenting...Absolutely, for being an social entrepreneur one needs to have sacrificing mentality. Here, in this write up I have tried to sum up some tips for them who have already get prepared for social enterprise and all these tips consist professional approaches...so, some fundamental inspirational tips were omitted.....