YGAP Bangladesh Accelerator is Accepting Applications for The New 2020 Cohort
YGAP Bangladesh Accelerator Program is accepting applications for its 2020 cohort. The program consists of a 5-day residential accelerator program from 26th April 2020 – 1st May 2020, 6 months of ongoing support on venture building, networking opportunities and opportunity to receive grants.
- If you want to apply, you can submit your application online by March 31, 2020.
Details: YGAP Bangladesh, a part of Australian development organization YGAP, “backs local impact entrepreneurs who have solutions to local problems.” YGAP has been in operation in Bangladesh since 2016 and has supported some 86 startups of which 75 startups remain active. The program offers a series of excellent supports to founders:
- Selected founders go through a 5-day residential accelerator program run by expert facilitators “where their business models are strengthened and they are equipped with the tools they need to turn their startups into viable ventures.”
- On-going support for 6 months where startups receive “strategy and business mentorship, marketing support, legal and accounting help and access to small grants.”
- “The most impactful ygap entrepreneurs move into growth, where they access larger support and funding to grow their ventures.”
- The program has seen an excellent success rate. Some 86 startups went through the program since 2016 of which 75 companies are still in operation.
Why it matters: There are not many programs that support impact entrepreneurs in Bangladesh. To that end, YGAP is an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurs who are trying to address social problems while building a sustainable business. Along with its excellent facilities such as live-in accelerator program, mentorship and other supports, and equity-free grants, the program has the advantage of supporting hundreds of entrepreneurs across multiple countries. The access to knowledge, network, and insights founders get in the program is quite unique in Bangladesh.
Bottom line: If you are a Bangladeshi entrepreneur, trying to solve a social problem, have some traction, you may consider applying for the program. You can find the application form here.