Intelligence Brief: The Ride-hailing Market Updates
Table of Contents
- The bike-hailing growth continues
- Every ride-hailing player aims to be a platform/aggregator in a bid to seek further growth
- Loyalty remains a persistent challenge
- Ride-hailing companies struggle to comply with the guidelines
- Ride-hailing has contributed to the influx of vehicles in Dhaka street and to traffic congestion
- Jobike launches in Dhaka, Jobike’s last mile thesis
Ride-hailing continues to be one of the most happening markets in Bangladesh. 2018 was a big year for the industry. Pathao raised a US$10 million in funding led by Go-Jek and participated by existing investors Openspace Ventures, Osiris Group and Battery Road Digital Holdings. Shohoz raised US$15 million led by Singapore-based Golden Gate Ventures and participated by Linear VC of China, 500 Startups and Singaporean-based angel investor Koh Boon Hwee. Uber has also increased its focus on bike sharing market while it continues to dominate the car market.
What you get
In-depth actionable analysis
In-depth analysis on startup, business and technology scene in Bangladesh that you would not find anywhere else.
Daily and weekly newsletter
Get our daily and weekly newsletter with our most important stories directly to your inbox.
Ruhul Kader is a co-founder at Future Startup. He writes about business with a specific concentration on strategy, technology, and society. He can be reached at [email protected]