Infobip, the London-based Enterprise Mobile Messaging Company, Begins Operations In Dhaka
An increasing number of global technology players are showing interest in Bangladesh. Infobip, a London-based company that provides enterprise mobile messaging services in 44 countries opened its office in Dhaka and launched operations in partnership with Wintel Limited, a local mobile content providing company:
- Infobip primarily plans to work with mobile operators and banks. It has already inked a deal with Banglalink, Rankstel and several banks
- The company claims, its system is capable of managing millions of SMSs within a few seconds.
- Infobip started its operations in the Asia Pacific in 2010. Now it works with more than 800 telecom service providers around the globe.
- Infobip plans to maintain Dhaka office by local sales and account managers and specialized support and integration engineers to power operators’ partnership
- The company also plans to introduce mobile payment services
Bangladesh is the ninth largest telecom market in the world and mobile penetration is growing daily. According to BTRC, there are about 117 million mobile phone subscribers and growing. Messaging service is an interesting industry.
We have seen an entire generation of mobile messaging service companies to grow up in the recent years. The current market size of mobile messaging is quite big in Bangladesh, according to some sources it is over BDT 1,50 billion a year, and growing at 10-20% a year.